Summer meals need to be easy, delicious and light … at least that’s what I believe! This potato salad fits the bill. Yes it’s a creamy potato salad, but it doesn’t feel heavy and can be made in a couple different ways to vary the depth of the cream.
Nothing beats easy and care free meals when it comes to summer dining. There is something about taking it easy and not fussing about fancy meals that makes summer so enjoyable. This potato salad is the perfect make ahead meal or side dish to help keep your summer meals easy and carefree. You’ll be able to take time to embrace the gorgeous weather and outdoor activities instead of slaving in the hot kitchen.
Creamy Potato Salad
Recipe Type: Side Dish
- 1 1/2 lbs baby red potatoes
- green beans
- 3 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup hemp hearts
- 2 Tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 1/2 Tbsp fresh basil, chopped
- 3 tsp dijon mustard
- 1 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 Tbsp mayo (can substitute with greek yogurt or cashew cream)
- Add potatoes to a pot of cold water and bring to a boil. Cook for 8-10 minutes, or until potatoes are fork tender. Add green beans for the last minute of cooking. Drain and rinse with cold water.
- While potatoes are cooking make your dressing. Add all ingredients to a blender and pulse until creamy. Add half the scallions and pulse to combine.
- Add potatoes and green beans to a bowl and toss with 1/2 the dressing. Sprinkle remaining scallions and hemp hearts on top and serve.
- Save the remaining dressing in an air tight container in the fridge for later.