Corn isn’t something I eat often, but it’ hard to refuse local corn when it’s in season. In my opinion, August corn is the best! Barbecued, smothered in butter, or tossed in a salad – the sweet crunch is a favourite flavour summer.
It’s not often I share a savoury dish – my sweet tooth generally wins, but August corn is the best and I had to share a recipe perfect for the upcoming long weekend. Barbecued corn is a perfect dish for the last long weekend of summer and the salute to warm weather before the brisk autumn winds roll in – although I’m not complaining, fall is the best season!
The combination of slightly chard corn with creamy parsley cashew cream is something to cheer about. Add some tangy goat cheese and you have heaven on a plate. Don’t let corn season pass without trying this recipe. I promise it’s one you will want to make.
- 4 cobs of sweet corn
- 1/4 cup goat cheese
- Parsley Cashew Cream
- 1 1/2 cups cashews, soaked
- 3/4 – 1 cup water
- 1 1/2 cups parsley, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup chives, coarsely chopped
- juice of 1/2 a lemon
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- Soak cashews overnight or in hot water for 1 hour. Drain and rinse before using.
- Add all ingredients to a high powered blend and pulse until well combined and creamy.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge until ready to use. The longer it sits, the better the flavours.
- Remove corn from the husk and bbq until slightly chard
- Drizzle with the cashew cream and sprinkle with crumbled goat cheese and chopped parsley
- Serve warm