Roasted tomato and balsamic reduction crostini’s make for a simple but elegant appetizer that is perfect for holiday entertaining. Every party needs great finger food nibbles that are delicious and easy to make. As a host you have enough to worry about without having to prep complicated appetizers, am I right?
One of my favourite things about the holidays is that it’s perfectly acceptable to dine on appetizers for any meal – maybe even all meals 🙂 I’m not sure what it is but I love snack type meals. They’re fun, full of variety and make it feel like a special occasion. These crostini’s make a perfect light lunch and are a great addition to any holiday party or Sunday snack dinner 🙂
- 1 baguette
- 250g ricotta cheese
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 Tbsp chives
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Slice tomatoes in half lengthwise and spread on a baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Roast for 15-20 minutes.
- In the mean time make your balsamic reduction. Heat balsamic vinegar in a small sauce pot over low-medium heat. Stir occasionally until the vinegar has reduced by half and become a little thicker.
- Slice baguette into 1/2 inch discs and place in the oven for 5 minutes to toast. Watch carefully.
- Spread about 1 tbsp of ricotta cheese on each slice of bread. Top with some posted tomatoes and drizzle with the balsamic reduction and sprinkle with chives.